Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tuesday Evening, in to Wednesday AM

I decided last night I was sick of driving everywhere and walked to dinner and Amatuer Folk Music night at Red's, a place in downtown Kalispell.

While on the way, I messed around with some camera settings, but thought a few of the pix were kinda cool.

It was a good evening, I ran in to the guys I met in town the previous night, and it was fun catching up with them and meeting a few more locals. Everyone's got a story, and its a ton of fun listening to them (at least for me). I guess one of the things I thought about while walking home, is that I don't have to be in the far ends of the world to talk with strangers. I'm not saying we all need to wear nametags and introduce ourself to each other, but there are so many times I catch myself in a hurry to run to the next thing without asking folks how their day is going, what life has in store, that kinda stuff. It doesn't need to be an in-depth conversation, but my experience has been pretty good with it. So ignore what your parents told you, its OK to talk to strangers. As long as they're nice and you're nice in return.

Annie is crashed out on the couch in my motel room, so its off to Glacier for me, much more pics tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment