Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Killed the Television

As a guy who has spent way too much time in front of the TV, tonight was the last night with me and my Toshiba. It's in a better place, with Sara, who will undoubtedly make it through her last year of grad school with flying colors now that she can stay up to date on everything that comes out of the TV. The last thing I watched was the Red Wings beating the Blackhawks, and officially ending the Winter Sports season for Chicago teams. The future is bright though, and it'll make winters much more enjoyable.

Ditching the TV gives me a chance to do two things: 1) finish prepping for the move/trip and 2) post on the blog.

The response from most of you was positive from the first few things I've thrown up here, so I'll try and keep it interesting. I don't know if you really meant it or not, but screw it, I'm having fun writing.

I've gotten questions from a few of you, a few compliments, and all in all I think this will be fun.

I'll keep questions anonymous if you have any for me, but here were a sampling from the past few days.

Question 1: Who is this Annie you speak of?

Answer: Annie is a four legged basset hound/beagle mix that is making the trip to Chicago with me. She is quite the character for those who have met her, and has lived an interesting life. Her bark is unmistakable, and is quite possibly the loudest recorded noise to come out of a dog in North America.

Born in Ohio, Annie was found on the side of the road by a man we'll call Juliet Bravo. Mr. Bravo moved to Seattle with Annie in 200(?) and he and I met shortly after I arrived in Seattle in 2005. Towards the end of my first year, Mr. Bravo was headed to South Africa for a work assignment, and my girlfriend and I adopted Annie. Ultimately he returned to Seattle, but Annie stayed with us. And after my girlfriend and I parted ways, Annie and I moved out.

Her hobbies are barking at women and dogs who don't play nice, scrounging for food any chance she gets, and sleeping. She's single if you know any male companions who don't mind a little extra weight around the hips. Feel free to share her photo with any interested candidates:



Question 2: What will the first thing your mom says to you when you get back to Chicago?

Answer: Of course she is excited to have me back, or at least that's what she tells me. She is the funniest woman I know and a great friend to boot, and if I had to guess what she would say when I walk in her door it would be, "When was the last time you shaved?"

This is the one question she has asked without fail every time I've seen her, and as a guy who only shaves twice a week I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I do actually enjoy the shaving, but probably only because I do it twice a week.

While we're on the topic of grooming, here's a great website where you can get good stuff to keep yourself looking and smelling respectable. I'm not talking about Axe or any of that nonsense, this is legitimately good stuff. And for female readers, there are some good father's day gifts for husbands, dads, sons, whomever will be celebrating Father's Day. (such a shameless plug)

Question 3: Why are you spending time on a blog when you should be packing?

Answer: Very good point, and I have more packing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment