Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Foggy Memory Lane

My memory of the early years is hazy at best, but luckily I have a father who is a big fan of scanning pictures in to his computer. This afternoon/evening I had a chance to take a virtual stroll (stumble) down memory lane while killing time at their house, and figured I'd post a few here.

And besides, my focus group research indicates of the 15 ADW followers at least 5 of them prefer more pictures, less words. Some dates are made up.

March 13, 1977
I enter planet earth.




March 15, 1977.
My mother is heard saying "Holy shit" as she prepares to take me home from the hospital.



January 12, 1980
"Step AWAY from the bear."


January 12, 1980
Unless you have food and you are my Grandmother (mom's mom).




June 19, 1981
My older sister (who I currently live with) finds the stench from the toilet amusing. My parents also find taking photos of their children in the bathroom amusing as well.





June 19, 1981
Can't a guy get a little privacy in here? Also, nice work on the foreshadow!




November 27, 1982

My older brother and I brainstorming ways to get cooler clothes. Still working on that.






April 10, 1983
My little sister and I showing off our dental accomplishments. For those who have seen me in the past year, you'll notice my smile bears a resemblance to what I looked like as a six year old. The gaping hole has moved to the right, but its still there. And do kids still hang pennants in their bedroom?




June 30, 1984
"I MUST see this Karate Kid movie coming out in theaters."




July 19, 1984
The most magical summer of my young life as the Cubs proved to me it was possible to win. They also showed me how heartbreaking it can be when October rolls around. And kudos to whoever decided painters caps looked stupid.





August 3, 1982
That's right ladies, drink it up. You're looking at a 3'9" five year old with a mullet and for some reason very long arms.




March 29, 1981
"I'd rather drown myself than wear White Sox clothing!"



December 27, 1982
Much like this past summer, my hair had not scene a comb/brush for months when this photo was taken.



No comments:

Post a Comment